Insomniac’s next game is Spider-Man, an action-filled game that doesn’t just rehash the hero’s origin story. Instead, it finds an experienced Peter Parker and his superhero alter ego defending New York City from a super villain threat. The game launches September 7 exclusively for PlayStation 4.
E3 2018 brought a ton of new footage of the game, showcasing its fluid combat and navigation. It’s still too early to make any judgments, but our experience showed that it nailed the feel of Spidey, which is essential for a good Spider-Man game.
If you’re ready to pre-order Spider-Man for PS4, you’ll probably want to know what your options are. We have you covered below, with all the information you need about pre-order bonuses, the various editions, where to buy it, and how much it costs at each retailer. Let’s swing into the details (sorry).
Pre-order any version of Spider-Man, and you’ll get a number of extra digital goodies. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll receive.
- Spidey Suit Pack–Gain instant in-game access to three suits that alter your appearance and unlock new suit abilities.
- Skill Points–Get a head start by having skill points to unlock abilities from the start of the game like active finishers, web grab, or faster web swinging.
- Early unlock of a Spider-Drone Gadget–Unleash a mobile Spider-Drone to distract and web your enemies.
- Spider-Man PS4 Custom Theme–Customize your PS4 with artwork from legendary comic book artist Adi Granov.
- Spider-Man PSN Avatar–Represent your PSN profile online with the bold White Spider icon for your PSN avatar.
Spider-Man Standard Edition
The standard edition is just the core game, but if you pre-order it, you’ll get the bonuses listed above. Here’s where you can find the standard edition.
Spider-Man Digital Deluxe Edition
The Digital Deluxe Edition of Spider-Man comes with the core game, the pre-order bonuses, plus a couple of extras, both digital and physical.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City that Never Sleeps–consists of three post-launch story chapters featuring new characters and missions. Users will receive DLC by March 2019.
- If pre-ordered before September 7, 2018, receive all pre-order bonus content, plus a custom, one-of-a-kind physical pin for Marvel’s Spider-Man.
Here’s where you can find the Digital Deluxe Edition:
Spider-Man Collector’s Edition
The Collector’s Edition of Spider-Man comes with all the stuff included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, plus the following items.
- Custom steelbook
- White spider sticker
- Mini artbook–contains unique, early-look concepts and unreleased artwork
- Collector’s Edition Marvel’s Spider-Man statue by Gentle Giant
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City that Never Sleeps–Consists of three post-launch story chapters featuring new characters and missions. Users will receive DLC by March 2019.
Here’s where you can buy the Collector’s Edition.