Cardi B gave birth to a girl, Kulture Kiari Cephus, she announced Wednesday.
Cardi, whose birth name is Belcalis Almanzar, and Offset welcomed their daughter on Tuesday. The 25-year-old rapper made the announcement by posting a nude maternity photo of herself on Instagram.
Cardi and Offset aren’t the first celebrities to give their baby an uncommon name this year. Listed below are a few prominent people who chose off-beat names for their little ones:
- Kim Kardashian West gave birth to her and Kanye West’s daughter, Chicago, in January.
- Kylie Jenner gave birth to her and Travis Scott’s daughter, Stormi, in February.
- Lauren Parsekian gave birth to her and Aaron Paul’s daughter, Story Annabelle, in February.
- Khloe Kardashian gave birth to her and Tristan Thompson’s daughter, True, in April.
- Tia Mowry gave birth to her and Cory Hardrict’s daughter, Cairo Tiahna, on May 5.
- Pete Wentz and Meagan Camper welcomed their daughter, Marvel Jane, on May 13.
- Chip and Joanna Gaines welcomed son Crew last month.
- Ayesha and Steph Curry welcomed their third child, son Canon W. Jack, earlier this month.
This wasn’t the first time that Cardi B has used social media to reveal personal news.
She took to Twitter to confirm her and Offset’s marriage at the end of June. “There are moments that I want to keep for myself,” she wrote last month. “Our relationship was so new breaking up and making up and we had a lot of growing up to do but we was so in love we didn’t want to lose each other.”
It wasn’t until she showed off her baby bump on Saturday Night Live in April that rumors of her pregnancy were confirmed.
She also used Twitter to deny a claim that she was at the hospital early Sunday morning. “I’m at home watching IT,” she wrote.